FOI Request STEM Teachers
1. How many qualified specialist school teachers (in FTE) does each secondary school in your local authority currently have in the following STEM subjects?
e) Technological Education
We would like this information broken down by school and in FTE format.
2. At each school, if the number of specialist teachers is zero in any of the above STEM subjects, then I would like to know the reason for this.
3. What complement of specialist secondary school teachers would your local authority require in order to ensure that each school was fully staffed to deliver an optimal curriculum in each of the above STEM subjects? Ideally, we would like this information broken down by school and in FTE format.
4. How many teacher vacancies have been advertised in the above STEM subjects in 2015-16 and in 2016-17? Please answer on a subject-by-subject basis, and provide separate responses for each year.
5. How many of the 2015-16 and 2016-17 vacancies have been filled?
6. How many of the vacancies were advertised two or more times?
7. How many secondary schools, if any, within the local authority have experienced difficulties in obtaining subject specialist supply teachers for the above STEM subjects?
8. To what extent have teacher shortages in the above STEM subjects affected the subject choices of pupils in secondary schools in your local authority?
|Subject (individual may be qualified for more than 1 subject)||Buckie High||Elgin Academy||Elgin High||Forres Academy||Keith Grammar||Lossiemouth High||Milne's High||Speyside High|
3. Buckie High 1.0FTE Technical; Milne's High 2.0FTE Chemistry; Keith Grammar 0.4FTE Technical
7. All of our secondary schools have reported difficulties in getting supply teachers.
8. Schools reported that due to staffing shortages in Technical, pupil choices have been affected.