FOI Request - Hair Testing
Under the Freedom of Information Act, I would like to request the following information regarding child protection in the UK.
Where possible, please kindly include responses on the attached spreadsheet.
1. Please could you supply the name, email address and telephone number of the commissioner with responsibility for children in need of help and/or protection.
For questions 2-4 and 7 inclusive, please supply the following information as a snapshot at the end of the year for the financial years 2013/14 – 2016/17 (predicted).
2. Please advise on the number of children identified as looked after children.
3. Please advise on the number of children who were the subject of a child protection plan.
4. Please advise as to what proportion of these were related to drug/alcohol misuse.
5. At what points during Investigations and Child Hearings might drug and alcohol testing be used as evidence and who instigates these tests?
6. For the financial year 2015/16 (and 2016/17 if available), how many hair drug and alcohol tests were conducted?
7. Please advise on the total expenditure on hair drug and alcohol testing during each financial year.
8. In a situation where hair drug/alcohol testing is used as evidence, do you have a preferred provider for this service? If not, please provide a list of providers used in these cases and the total expenditure with each provider for financial years 2015/16 and 2016/17.
9. Is there a budget for hair drug/alcohol testing each year? If so, what is the expected budget for 2016/17?
1. Jennifer Gordon, Corporate Parenting and Commissioning Manager, Email: Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01343 563553
2. As at 31 March 2014 there were 217 children who were looked after; as at 12 December 2016 there are 222 children who are looked after (these numbers cannot be projected)
3. As at 31 March 2014 there were 42 children on the Child Protection Register; as at 12 December 2016 there are 65 children on the Child Protection Register (these numbers cannot be projected).
4. In accordance with Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can advise that this information is not held.
5. Nil return
6. Nil return
7. Nil return
8. Nil return
9. Nil return