FOI Request - IT Resources and Software
1. Do you look after your own IT or is it outsourced?
2. Do you use software from any of the following vendors: Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and IBM
If so, how much did you pay in last financial year for these software licenses?
3. How many computer users do you have?
4. Do you use any Apple Macs?
5. When do you need to renew the contract with your vendors for software licenses? What was the value of your last contract?
6. Do you currently measure software usage versus the number of licenses purchased? If so what is used for software usage metering?
7. Do you use a software asset management tool, if so which one?
8. Please also provide details of IT Contracts Managers and any person(s) involved in IT Software procurement.
2. Yes – total expenditure on software licences for 2015/16 was £499k
4. Yes – but minimal use.
5. 2017, £112,000 per annum
6. Yes, various in-house tools.
7. An open source tool is used for software and hardware asset management – OCS Inventory NG.
8. ICT Applications and ICT Infrastructure Manager. Contact details for Council department are available on our website here.