FOI Request - Selkie Dredger
I am writing to request information about Moray Council’s dredger, “Selkie”, under freedom of information legislation.
- What jobs has the dredger carried out since it was launched earlier this year?
- How long did each job take?
- Have any scheduled jobs been cancelled? If so, why?
1. The dredger has been working in Buckie and Burghead since June. Please note the months of September and October were lost due to the unforeseen resignation of a member of the crew.
2. At the time of writing, a total of 2900 tonnes of silt has been removed from Buckie over 15 days. In Burghead a total of 7410 tonnes of sand has been removed over 30 days.
3. No scheduled job has been cancelled. However, all dredging work is highly dependent on tidal and weather conditions. Therefore, detailed scheduling is a dynamic process and can change on a daily basis.