FOI Request - Noise Complaints
1) How many noise complaints were made to your Noise Enforcement Team on the weekend of September 3 and 4, 2016? Please break the figures down to give any details you can about the nature of the complaints made and what action was taken.
2) How many noise complaints were made to your Noise Enforcement Team on the weekend of September 10 and 11, 2016? Please break the figures down to give any details you can about the nature of the complaints made and what action was taken. Please provide and details you can on complaints this weekend that were related to the Old Firm match between Rangers and Celtic.
3) What was the cost to the council of dealing with these complaints each weekend? Please provide any figures you can, even if they are just an estimate of the cost of providing staff on each of the weekends asked for.
1. No complaints were made about noise on the 3 or 4 September 2016.
2. One complaint of noise was retrospectively made relating to 10 or 11 September 2016. This pertained to music and general household noise in the early hours emanating from a neighbouring property to the complainant. The complaint was made on 14 September 2016, 3 days after the event. The offending tenant is engaging with the Housing Liaison Officer.
There were no complaints received by Moray Council relating to the Rangers / Celtic football match.
3. In relation to the complaint referred to at 2 above, this is being dealt with by the Housing Liaison Officer and Officer time spent thus far equates to approximately £120.