FOI Request - Diabetes Services
1. People living with diabetes require support from across a range of health services from Community Diabetes Specialist Nurses (primary care), Diabetes Specialist Nurses (secondary care), Dietetics, General Practitioners, Ophthalmology, Pharmacy, Phlebotomy, Podiatry, Retinopathy Screening (DRS) to Weight Management. Which of the above services do you have devolved responsibility for under Health and Social Care Integration?
2. Are you planning to redesign any of the above diabetes related services and/ or are there plans to reduce your budgets related to these services in the next year?
3. Please name each structured education programme delivered and have these been through the APEDS and TAPEDS assessment and/or are certified by QISMET (Quality Institute for Self Management Education and Training) ?
4. For each structured diabetes education programme on offer how many places were
a) Planned for 2015/16 and 2016/17?
b) How many people attended the programme in 2015/16 and 2016/17?
c) How many people completed the programme in 2015/16 and 2016/17?
5. Do any of the structured diabetes education programmes on offer currently have a waiting list?
6. Is there a Diabetes Education Co-ordinator and if so who is it?
7. Is there a Diabetes Education Group, if so who is on it and what patient representation and engagement takes place?
8. How many adults with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes were offered a structured education course within six months of diagnosis?
9. Do you have a plan to increase take-up of diabetes education? If not, do you intend to produce one?
10. What measures are being put in place in respect of the
a) Development of GP Clusters?
b) Appointment/identification of
- GP Cluster Quality Leads (CQLs)
- GP Practice Quality leads (PQLs)
You will need to contact NHS Grampian with regard to this FOI