FOI Request - Council Tax Religious Exemptions
1. Does your (Moray) council have any policy of granting council tax exemptions/reductions for members of religious communities?
2. (If yes to 1) Please provide us with a link to or copy of this policy and its terms
3. (If yes to 1) Have you ever carried out an Equality Impact Assessment of this policy?
4. (If yes to 3) Please provide us with a link to or copy of Equality Impact Assessment
5. (If yes to 1) In each of the last 3 years for which you have data, please tell us:
a. How many people claimed a council tax exemption/reduction (for being a member of a religious community)?
b. What was the total value of council tax exempted/reduced (specifically for being a member of a religious community)?
1. There is no specific policy. Decision making is based on legislative requirements.
a. There are no exemption cases as only discount is applicable. There are 6 current religious community discounts.
b. There is no amount exempted as not applicable, discounted amount for 6 cases equates to £2,585.29