FOI Request - Discretionary Housing Payments
The following questions relate to applications for Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) for assistance with the impact of the April 2013 Housing Benefit changes for social rented sector tenants, during the current financial year.
1) How many disabled applicants successfully received DHP monies in each year since the financial year 2010/11?
2) What is the total number of DHP applications received to date (disabled and non-disabled)
3) How many applicants have been awarded a DHP to date (disabled and non-disabled)?
4) How many applicants have been refused a DHP to date (disabled and non-disabled)?
5) How many DHP applications are still being processed (disabled and non-disabled)?
6) On average, how long does processing a DHP application take, from receiving the application to providing the final decision to the applicant?
7) What is the most common reason that your council is refusing a DHP?
8) Do you include a person’s Disability Living Allowance as part of their household income?
9) What figure has the Government given for your DHP fund in each financial year since 2010/11?
10) What is the shortest period of time you have awarded a DHP for?
11) How many repeat DHP applicants have you administered funding to?
10) How much money from DHP is being used for DFG money?
|1) No. of DHP awards to disabled applicants||Not available|
|2) Total no. of DHP applications||29||47||79||638||1052||1121||691|
|3) Total no. of awarded applications||15||44||70||509||923||1064||689|
|4) Total no. of refused applications||14||3||9||20||37||57||10|
|5) Total no. of applications still to be processed||0||0||0||0||0||0||32|
|6) Processing time||We aim to process a DHP application within 1 calendar month of receipt of the application or Housing Benefit/Universal Credit Housing Element being awarded.|
|7) Most common reason for refusal||In accordance with section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 we can confirm that this information is not held.|
|8) DSA inclusion in household income||DLA mobility is not included as income but any surplus DLA care is after deduction of any associated medical/care expenses.|
|9) Government funding received|
|Scottish Government||0||0||0||374,539.00||209, 554.00||119,936.00||34,193.00|
|2016/17 application figures etc as at 30.06.16|
|2015/16 S Govt funding includes tranche 2 funding|
|2016/17 S Govt funding includes tranche 1 funding only|