FOI Request - Junction Accidents
I am looking to obtain Council data based on STATS 19 submissions pertaining to junctions classified as either T-junction, roundabout or traffic signals which have been changed to form an alternative junction type classified as either T-junction, roundabout or traffic signals. The data provided must contain the information and meet the criteria as follows;
1. Locations of junctions that have been changed a minimum of 5 years ago, with road names/numbers and co-ordinates.
2. The Council STATS19 information for accidents reported within 100m of the junction, including a description of the accident and a location description if available. The data will be over a 10 year period before the construction work for the change to the junction took place.
3. The Council STATS19 information for accidents reported within 100m of the junction, including a description of the accident and a location description if available, from the date the change to the junction was completed.
4. The average traffic volumes through the junction each year.
5. If there are any additional traffic calming features at the junctions or within 100m of approach of the junction. This would include but not be limited to additional signage or road markings over and above that required, physical traffic calming features, ghost island etc,
6. I would also like to have a random selection of T-junctions to match the number of other junctions provided. The T-junctions should be of similar road environment and average traffic volumes to the other junctions provided. I would request the information is provided over the most recent 15 year period.
I would be very grateful if you could provide any information you hold that meets the requirements above in a Microsoft Excel xls format.
1. Junctions which have changed from priority/signals/roundabout to another form of junction control more than 5 years ago are:
A96/Reiket Lane, Elgin (NJ 235 624) - T junction to Roundabout - changed Summer 2006
A941 Main Street/Birnie Road/Thornhill Road (NJ 221 611)- Staggered crossroads to roundabout - October 2005
B9011/B9089 Main Street/Findhorn Road, Kinloss (NJ 063 616) - T junction to signals - changed 20/4/2004
2. Accidents within 100m of junction for 10 years before construction - in spreadsheet up to 31/12 of the year before works were carried out
3. Accidents within 100m of junction for for a minimum of 5 years after construction - in spreadsheet from 1/1 of year following construction.
4. There are no turning counts available for any of the junctions, but rough traffic flows can be found on adjacent streets here http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_68782.html
5. There are no traffic calming features associated with the junctions above.