FOI Request - Road Accident - Elgin to Buckie Road (1)
Road traffic accident on the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon.
We request documentation for a period from January 2011 to October 2013 being:
1. Records of inspection for the Elgin to Buckie Road at the back of Portgordon.
2. Maintenance Records, including records of independent contractors working in the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon.
3. Statement of your Road Authorities Policy under the Code of Practice for Highway Maintenance Management 2005 or alternatively records of the minutes of highway authority or local authority meetings where maintenance or repair policy has been discussed or decided.
4. Records of complaints about the state of the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon.
5. Records of other accidents which have occurred in the Elgin to Buckie road at the back of Portgordon. - See more at: http://www.moray.gov.uk/moray_standard/page_99194.html#sthash.KWgBknnI.dpuf
As advised previously (in FOI 101000348792), the road in question is the C16E Byres–Tannachy Road.
1. Our inspection records were stored in paper format until the end of the 2011/12 financial year, then electronically thereafter. Please find attached scanned copies of paper records here (please note that ‘NDF’ within the ‘Work Orders Raised’ column is an abbreviation of ‘No Defect found’) and a report showing our electronic records here.
2. See attached report here for any Roads Maintenance works (in-house DLO or external Contractor) during the specified period. According to the Scottish Road Works Register, no other notifiable works were carried out on this section of road during the specified period.
3. This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information otherwise accessible. The information can be found here.
4. There were no complaints received within the specified period.
5. There is one recorded slight injury accident on January 2012 and one damage only record from July 2013. Further details will incur a charge as per our fees and charges: Collation and provision of collision data (up to 2 hours preparation) £100. For further information please see the Charges for Services page here.