FOI Request - Dog Fouling Fines
Regarding the issue of dog fouling in your local authority, and for the periods 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 year to date, could you please provide responses to the following questions:-
1. How many fines did your local authority hand out for dog fouling?
2. How many reports of dog fouling were received by your local authority?
3. What was the total value of fines handed out by your local authority out for dog fouling?
4. What was the average amount of revenue from fines handed out for dog fouling?
5. Does your local authority require dog owners to carry a poop scoop and disposable bag when they take their dogs out to a public place?
Data for 1 - 4 in table below (Year 2016 up to 7 July 2016)
Complaints FPN Value of Fines Fines Collected
2013 155 20 £800.00 £480.00
2014 149 12 £480.00 £240.00
2015 152 12 £480.00 £240.00
2016 91 6 £420.00 £ 80.00
5. No requirement is made.
1. previous FOI’s have not provided monetary figures due to the applicable budget code for all FPN types being the same.
2. The Value of Fines is the nominal fine at time of issue and does not take account of any increase for late payment.
3. The Fines Collected is taken from the Uniform System which is manually input therefore cannot guarantee 100% accuracy.