FOI Request - Adult Care Safeguarding Concerns
Please provide figures for:
1) Number of Safeguarding concerns received
2) Number of Investigations conducted
3) Outcome of the investigations conducted. (e.g. substantiated, not substantiated, partially substantiated, etc.)
4) Number of Deaths of any person who used the care service
5) Number of Incidents reported to or investigated by the police
6) Number of Pressure Ulcers of any grade reported by the provider or external medical staff or family, etc.
7) Total number of elderly care/nursing homes within your local authority.
Please provide these figures in the following way:
1. Name and address of each home.
2. Breakdown of the above for years 2013, 2014, 2015 and for 2016 between January and May if available.
Please provide these figures in an excel spreadsheet or word document table format.
1) The information requested is available in open source documents - The Moray Biennial Report 2014 will cover 2013. I have attached the Adult Protection Annual Returns to the Scottish Government which covers 2014, 2015 and 2016 and will be included in the 2016 Biennial Report here and here. The data that we are asked to record is in accordance with the Scottish Government guidelines.
2) Again the information requested is available in open source documents - The Moray Biennial Report 2014 will cover 2013. I have attached the Adult Protection Annual Returns to the Scottish Government which covers 2014, 2015 and 2016 and will be included in the 2016 Biennial Report. The data that we are asked to record is in accordance with the Scottish Government guidelines.
3) The terminology of the request "safeguarding" is based on English Law so we cannot answer. It does not relate to the ASP(Scotland) Act 2007 . You can extrapolate the information from the open source documents.
4) We do not record deaths in a care service under ASP so unfortunately we cannot answer. This is due to ASP legislation requiring an adult to protect. We only hold data that is required by Scottish Government.
5) Any referral that needs to be reported to the Police would be done by the referrer and not the Adult Protection Unit therefore we do not record this data. Under the ASP(Scotland)Act 2007, a Police Investigation takes precedence over any ASP Investigation.
6) This information is not held and is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
7) There are no local authority owned care homes in Moray. There are 15 are privately owned care homes in Moray.
1. Available on The Moray Council website http://www.moray.gov.uk/downloads/file88451.pdf
2. All care homes are privately owned therefore they would need to provide this information