FOI Requst - Elgin Bus Station Accident
We refer to the above in which our client fell outside Elgin Bus Station. We enclose photographs as to the locus and defect.
We would be grateful if you would provide us with the following information:
1. Confirm if the footpath is adopted by you.
2. Records of inspection for the relevant stretch of road/footway.
3. Maintenance records including records of independent contractors working in relevant area.
4. Records of complaints about the state of roads/footway at the accident locus for a 12 month period prior to the accident.
5. Records of other accidents which have occurred on the relevant stretch of road/footway within 12 months of the accident.
1. The footway is adopted.
2. No timescale given, so we have assumed the same as Q.4 (the 12 months prior to 25/09/15). St Giles Road is inspected monthly (see attached report here for dates).
3. No timescale given, so we have assumed the same as Q.4 (the 12 months prior to 25/09/15). There were no Moray Council road works in the vicinity (see attached report above). Other works (e.g. public utility works) would be recorded in the Scottish Road Works Register (SRWR). There are no works recorded in the SRWR at that location.