FOI Request - Home Care Workers
1) Do you provide homecare direct using your own staff, or is it contracted out to a third party?
2) Is it all contracted out, or if not, what percentage is contracted out?
3) If contracted out who are your providers?
4) Do you or your contractors use zero hours or minimal hour contracts?
5) Do you and/or your contractors pay the Scottish living wage?
6) Do you insist on this in your contracts under the new procurement regulations?
7) Do your homecare workers work split shifts?
8) What is the minimum time for a visit to clients?
9) Is this sufficient in all cases?
10) Do your workers get paid expenses for travelling between clients?
11) Do they get paid for time travelling between clients?
12) Do you or your contractors give manual handling training to your homecare workers to assist them with moving and lifting patients?
13) If your workers encounter violent incidents during their work, do you insist this is taken seriously, fill in the accident book to reflect this and assess the situation for future visits?
14) Do you carry out a risk assessment for each service user?
3) ALLIED HEALTHCARE
6) NO CONTRACTS HAVE BEEN TENDERED UNDER THE NEW PROCUREMENT REGULATIONS
7) SOME DO
8) 15 MINUTES FOR MEDICATION PROMPT ONLY
9) IT IS SUFFICIENT FOR MEDICATION PROMPT VISITS ONLY