FOI Request - Inspection, Regulation and Enforcement of Places of Worship
I would be grateful if you could provide an answer to the following questions. If an answer cannot be provided in full to any of the questions, I would be obliged if you could answer the relevant parts/sections where appropriate:
1. How many places of worship (churches) are within your local authority area?
2. Over the past 5 years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015), how many of these premises have been inspected under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974?
3. How many of these inspections (see question 2) were undertaken because of an enquiry or a complaint made by a member of the public or a member of staff employed or volunteer of the church and how many inspection were planned?
4. How many accidents, dangerous occurrence or near misses have been reported to your authority and investigated regarding health and safety over the past 5 years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)?
5. With regards to question 4, how many of these accidents, dangerous occurrences or near misses related to:
1.Working at height, including falls from fragile roofs
2.Slips, trips and falls
5.Water safety and management
6. With regards to question 5, how many of these accidents, dangerous occurrences or near misses resulted in enforcement action?
7. How many of the following enforcement notices has your authority served over the past five years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015) within a place of worship (churches)
1.Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 - Improvement Notice
2.Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 - Prohibition Notice
8. With regards to question 7, what specific activities did these enforcement notices (by type) relate to?
9. How many reports have been submitted to the Procurator Fiscal for consideration for Prosecution regarding a place of worship (church) over the past 5 years (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)?
10. With regards to question 9, what specific activities did the report to the Procurator Fiscal relate to, for example falls from height, gas safety, risk assessment etc?
1. The Environmental Health Section do not maintain records of the number of churches in the Moray Council area. The Revenues department found 62 cases with a description of church.