FOI Request - Council Tenant Rents & Financial Aid
I would be grateful if you could please send me information regarding council tenants:
1. How many council households have there been in each year since 2007/08?
2. In how many instances have council households been in rent payment arrears in each year since 2007/08? (When a household fails to make a payment for rent, please count that as one instance. If a household has been in arrears 3 times in one year, please count this as 3 instances. Please provide a total of instances for all households within each year).
3. To how many council households has the Council provided any form of financial assistance in each year since 2007/08?
4. How much money has the Council spent in each year since 2007/08 to different forms of financial assistance? Please provide a sum total for each year, and also break this down by
a. Housing benefits
b. Extra or other financial entitlements
c. Other (if applicable)
5. How many evictions from council homes have there been in each year since 2007/08?
|YEAR||NO OF TENANTS|
Q2: The only information available is the number of accounts in arrears at the end of the reporting year. Data as follows
|YEAR||NO OF ACCOUNTS IN ARREARS AT PERIOD END|
Q3 and 4
|Council Tenants||Discretionary Housing Benefit||Crisis Grants||Community Care Grants|
|2013/14||Number||292||See note 4|
Notes on above table:
1. DHP details not available 2007/8 - 2009/10 As this information is not held it is therefore exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
2. DHP details 2010/11 to 2012/13 limited to total number of households and spend. Unable to provide details specific to Council households.
3. Moray Council only responsible for Scottish Welfare Fund (Crisis Grants and Community Care Grants) from 2013/14.
4. This information is exempt under Section 27(1) of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, the information is due for publication within the next 12 weeks. For ease of reference, it will be published here.
|Council Tenants||HOUSING BENEFIT|
Q5: This information is exempt under Section 25 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, information otherwise accessible on the Scottish Government website. For ease of reference please find a link to the web page here. Please see tab TblLADetail.