FOI Request - Child Protection Reasons
1. In the period between 1 April 2014 and 31st March 2015 how many children referred for child protection reasons or on the Child Protection Register had:
a) identified mental health concerns
b) identified mental health concerns associated with abuse or neglect.
2. How many of a) and b) were referred to:
ii. A private or voluntary sector therapeutic service
iii. Local authority therapeutic service
iv. Education psychology or a school counselling service
3. In the periods:
a. 1 April 2014 and 31st March 2015
b. 1 April 2010 and 31st March 2011
how much funding was allocated to the provision of therapeutic support for children?
4. Once a child is identified has having been abused and referred for therapeutic support, what is the average wait time before that child sees a therapeutic practitioner?
1. a. This information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information not held.
b. We record a concern of Parental Mental Health rather than that of the child or young person.
The recording of mental health issues on the Child Protection Register does not necessarily relate directly to the child, it is more likely to be parental.
2. i and ii - N/A
3. 1st April 2014 - 31st March 2015 £133,684
1st April 2010 - 31st March 2011 £194,443
4. This information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information not held.