FOI Request - Free Lessons Learning English (ESOL)
1. How many people have received free lessons/enrolled on a course from your council learning English for Speakers of foreign Languages (ESOL) over the last three years?
Please provide the number of people received help from your council learning English as a foreign language during the following financial years:
2. How many languages are resources and/or learning materials available in across your council? Please list the languages.
3. What is the estimated cost to the council of providing lessons and assistance helping people to learn English? I.e: how much of the council budget has the council paid towards teaching English as a foreign language?
Costs may includes tutor salaries, resources such as computer programmes and books etc.
Please break down in financial years for: i) 2012-13 ii) 2013-14 ii) 2014-15.
1. This information is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information not held. The information may be available from Moray College UHI.
i) 2012/13 (taken end of June 2013)
Annually Monitored 73
Termly Monitored 73
ii) 2013/14 (taken end of June 2014)
Annually Monitored 78
Termly Monitored 91
iii) 2014/15 (taken end of June 2015)
Annually Monitored 80
Termly Monitored 140
2. Arabic, Bengali, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Chinese, Czech, French, German, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Korean/Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mandarin, Multi, Nepali, Panjabi, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Russian, Simplified Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Urdu, Vietnamese
3. 2012/13 £247,000