FOI Request - Off Street Car Parking
n accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000, I would like to make a formal request for the information set out below in relation to off-street car parking that is overseen by your local authority: Moray.
As this request relates primarily to the council's role in owning / managing car parks in the local authority area, you may wish to direct these questions to your Parking Services Manager (or equivalent) or your Departmental Information Guardian for this service area.
Please provide the following information:
1. Does your council have responsibility for any off-street parking in car parks in your local authority area?
If the answer to the above is YES, the following questions apply.
2. Is this off-street car parking managed entirely in-house (i.e. day-to-day management, revenue collection and enforcement) by the local authority, or is some (or all) of this outsourced through a contract or partnership with the private sector (or other bodies)?
3. If the latter, what is:
a) the form of contract / partnership which is in place?
b) the scope of the contract / partnership (which services are provided)?
4. Who is / are the supplier of (or your partner in providing) these services?
5. When was the contract(s) awarded, or the partnership(s) established?
6. What is the expiry date(s) of these contracts / partnerships?
7. Is there an option to extend the contract(s) / partnership(s) - and if so for how long?
8. What is the council's intention at the point of expiry i.e. extend, re-tender, bring in-house or other?
9. What is the estimated value of the contract(s) / partnership(s)?
1) Moray Council is responsible for managing all council owned off street parking in car parks.
2) Car Parks are managed entirely in-house.
3) to 9)- Not Applicable.