FOI Request - Community Payback Orders Travel Costs
This is a Freedom of Information request regarding payment of offender costs for people carrying out community payback orders.
1.Can you please provide the total cost of transport reimbursements provided to people on CPOs in 2012-13, 2013-14 and 2014-15.
2.For each year, please break down the cost into bus travel, train travel, mileage reimbursements and taxi costs.
3.What was the highest single amount paid out for a taxi trip, and also for a car journey? Please provide details of the location where the trip started and ended and the nature of the job.
4.Please provide the mileage rate paid to offenders on CPOs.
5.Please provide for each year, the total cost of ‘miscellaneous costs’ under the rules for payment of offender costs, for those on Community Payback Orders.
6.Please break these miscellaneous costs down into their categories – including meals and drinks.
7.For each category, please provide the highest amount paid and the offence the offender had committed if known.
1. 2012 - £8,510.87
2013 - £10,390.50
2014 - £8,049.95
2. Bus - (2012 - £6,300.60), (2013 - £8,819.66), (2014 - £7,144.45) Train - (2012 - £16.10), (2013 - £0), (2014 - £0) Mileage - (2012 - £2,194.17), (2013 - £1,495.84), (2014 - £905.50) Taxi costs - (2012 - £0), (2013 - £75.00), (2014 - £0)
3. Taxi £60.00 as we had to pay £10.00 fare plus £50.00 because the person soiled the taxi and it had to get cleaned. Elgin to Aberlour.
Cullen £4.20 = 42 miles. Elgin to Cullen
4. Mileage rate paid for petrol is 10p per mile.
5. Section 27 - (2012 - £386.52), (2013 - £217.33), (2014 - £168.94)
6. All Section 27 payments - No meals and drinks are provided by this Authority
7. This is exempt under Section 17 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002; information not held. We cannot break these down as they are paid as Section 27 payments.